Website Agnico Eagle Mines
What is an Agnico Eagle Internship?
At Agnico Eagle, we think an internship is not only a way to practice your learning, it also is an incredible opportunity to develop yourself; your unique set of skills and experience. We value your willingness to build those skills and make a meaningful contribution to our company. And, we value your commitment to treat every person on our team with respect, helping us to operate safely, protect the environment and make a positive contribution to our local communities. Moreover, your internship will take place within the incomparable wild northern environment which will certainly stimulate new apprenticeship.
What Do You Value In A Career?
At Agnico Eagle, our values never waver. We believe in trust, respect, equality, family and responsibility. Why? Because they express who we are and they have helped us succeed in business for over 60 years.
About Meliadine and Our Nunavut Operations
Agnico Eagle is always looking for new talented team members to join our Nunavut mining operations. Meliadine is located just northwest of Rankin Inlet, a small coastal town on the shores of Hudson Bay. Commercial production began at Meliadine in mid-May 2019 and the mine officially opened at the end of June. This mine is our largest gold deposit in terms of mineral resources, and we expect to operate it for at least 14 years. The site features a power plant and processing facilities, as well as a complete camp complex.
Reporting to the Engineering Coordinator, the intern will perform their duties as a member of the Engineering department and collaborate with other departments of the division. They will ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved, while promoting and respecting Agnico Eagle’s culture, Health & Safety Code of Conduct, and the environment.
· Support the engineering team with the Daily data entry duties
· Assist the engineering team members in issuing the required prints under the Mine engineer supervision to ensure the continuity of the daily operation
· Provide the required support in the field and in the office to the different engineering groups depending on the needs (Ventilation, Survey, Drill & Blast, Mine Design)
· Execute the different analysis, projects, and studies as request by the engineering coordinator or his delegate
What You Need To Succeed:
· Enrolled or graduated in a bachelor’s degree in mining or geological engineering or a related field, or,
· Enrolled or graduated in a Technology diploma in mineral exploitation, Geology, Geomatics, Civil engineering, or a related field;
· Valid driver’s license;
· Mining experience is an asset;
· Ontario Common Core or Quebec FMTM modules are an asset;
· Experience working in a multicultural environment is an asset;
· Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken;
· Must have strong interpersonal, communication and team building skills;
Your Work Schedule
· Schedule: 14 days of work of 12 hours’ shifts, followed by 14 days for transportation and rest; flights departing from all communities in the Kivalliq region, Mirabel or Val-d’Or, in Quebec province;
· Flight, room and meals during the 14 days of work are provided by Agnico Eagle.
Interested candidates can send their resumé’s directly to Marisa.email@example.com.
Interns are paid hourly based on the number of years completed in program.
Interns can expect between 20.38$ and 21.69$ per hour + 15% mobility premium.
To apply for this job email your details to Marisa.firstname.lastname@example.org.