Aecon Industrial brings seamless solutions to key clients through operational excellence and reliability. With the ability to self-perform across our diverse business offering and a strategic fabrication network, Aecon Industrial proactively and profitably manages projects across a diverse range of industrial business areas. (Renewable Energy, Natural Gas Distribution, Oil and Gas, Water, Mining, Cogeneration Energy, Chemical, etc.).
Reporting to the EHS Manager, the EHS Advisor will be responsible to actively promote a health, safety and environmental culture to all levels of employees with the policies and procedures of Aecon’s Health, Safety and Environmental Manual.
Note: This is a contract position of up to 4-6 months.
– Supports project specific conventional safety and environmental management plans and procedures including; inspections, audits, observation and coaching, Worker Trades Committee and JHSC.
– Ensures site specific safety orientation to workers, owners and clients.
– Trains and/or coordinates employees in Aecon’s Health, Safety and Environmental Manual, fall protection, confined space entry, traffic protection, traffic control person, WHMIS, respiratory protection, emergency response.
– Coordinates / Conducts training such as WHMIS, First Aid, Fork lift, etc.
– Tracks and reports safety-related statistics, manages Return to Work, modified duties cases at the field level.
– Conducts behavioral observation in the workplace.
– Updates Material Safety Data Sheets as required.
– Develops workplace plans – such as emergency evacuations (Emergency Response Plan), fire emergency, traffic controls, fall protection, etc.
– Orders Safety related PPE for the Project using Aecon’s PPE Catalogue.
– Manages the distribution of safety material, supplies and equipment for the Project.
– Assists in the development of FMEA, JHA’s / JSA’s, Safe Work Procedures for High Risk Activities, Critical Lifting and Handling.
– Promotes the Aecon Safety Program and System to potential industry clients.
– Participates as a management member of Joint Health and Safety Committees.
– Conducts studies and analyzes incident / accident trends.
– Inspects project facilities and recommends and follows up on corrective actions.
– Works with the Claims Administrator to assist with workers compensation claims and associated activities.
– Develops return to work and modified work programs.
– Assists in Accident/Incident investigations.
– Mediates health and safety issues for resolution.
– Prepares and assists with external safety audits such as (COR).
– Coordinates environmental issues.
– Gathers and provides statistical information to Estimating for tender packages.
– Supports Human Performance program activities.
– Supports Human Resources with Respect in the Workplace events.
– Drives an inclusive culture to promote equity, welcome different perspectives, and enable career progression by fostering a sense of belonging.
Required Knowledge and Experience
– A minimum of 2 years working experience in an EHS Advisor role.
– Completion of NCSO designation or equivalent OHS education.
– 3 years experience in construction health and safety.
– Familiar with construction terminology.
– Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
– Good communication skills.
– Ability to work with limited supervision and to be proactive.
– Ability to work in a team environment.
– Be a champion of inclusion and diversity.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.